Manufacturing Administrative Assistant
- Non-exempt employee (hourly) pay
- $ 17.00 – $ 19.00 per hour
- Manufacturing Manager
- Work closely with Manufacturing manager in putting jobs into fabrication, purchasing, inventory control, lean manufacturing practices and promoting a positive culture within CHUTES.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Take Purchase Orders from the Internal Department and create new sales orders in CIM.
2. Assist with daily purchasing as needed from manufacturing.
3. Work with Manufacturing Administrator to maintain proper inventory in shop utilizing M1.
4. Assist in the manufacturing portion of ERP updates.
5. Work with manufacturing shop to implement lean principles.
6. Process web orders
7. Work with Manufacturing Administrator to help promote a positive culture with manufacturing and sales employees.
8. Complete special projects as assigned.
1. Ethical Conduct.
2. Organization Skills.
3. Great Attention to Detail.
4. Professional Demeanor.
5. Team Player (Great Attitude).
6. Prioritization Skills
7. Microsoft Office Proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook).
8. Strong Customer Service Skills.
9. Reliable with Good Attendance.
Supervisory Responsibility/Direct Reports
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend extended periods of time sitting at a desk, using a computer. Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and use hands and fine motor skills to handle small items; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must be able to work 38 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand (highly unlikely).
- No travel is expected for this position, except for occasional training opportunities and/or trade shows.
Required Education and Experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- College degree or HS degree w/ 2 years minimum office experience
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
- Prior experience with manufacturing.
- Prior purchasing and inventory maintenance.
- Knowledge working with ERP program
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- None required for this position.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waldorf, MD 20602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Work Location: In person